I'm a Certified Counselor from Another State

As a school counselor from another state, you will find Iowa ready and willing to help you earn your Iowa school counselor certification. The following are a couple steps that will point you in the direction of becoming an Iowa school counselor:
  • You will first need to download an application from the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners webpage.
  • There is a checklist for all additional material at the beginning of the application. Make sure you have completed all material before sending the application back to the following address:
    State of Iowa
    Board of Educational Examiners Licensure
    Grimes State Office Building
    Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0146

For more information call the Iowa Department of Education at (515) 281-3245(515) 281-3245

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software